Flash Drive Protection

Discussion in 'Software' started by training4life, Jul 20, 2008.

1. training4life

training4life Sergeant

Hello! Could you suggest any program that could protect my flash drive from Virus? Also, I'm experiencing a virus in my flash drive right now. What should I do to remove it? Please help me. Thanks!

2. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

From what i understand a flash drive can only get infected from your PC and the only way i know to get rid of it is to kill the flash drive and run some an AV to see where it came from or you could go through the anti malware process and be sure your PC is clean.

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35407

there may be another way to clean the flash drive and no doubt someone here will give you other options.

3. training4life

training4life Sergeant

The site that you gave me I believe that it works only for PC and not for flash drives. But thank you for replying to my post. :)

4. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

Yes that site is for your PC but your flash drive must have been infected from the PC so cleaning the flash may not cure your problems if the infection is still present in the PC

5. training4life

training4life Sergeant

I think the problem is the computers in our school. :) My computer is safe from virus.

6. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

OK now i understand you loaded the flash drive at school.

just take care that you don't infect you PC with the flash drive, if you are running a good AV you should get a warning before any problems occur

good luck

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds