1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flash Player (among other) Problem(s)

Discussion in 'Software' started by grc123, Jul 28, 2008.

1. grc123

grc123 MajorGeek

Hello all - I seem to be having bunches of problems once again (but please keep in mind that I am only about three days out of major spine surgery and in a goodly amount of pain, even though I am fairly-well doped-up - which in itself may be another "problem" here (?) ...).

I am coming to you via IE7, as the Firefox Browser on this PC (my folks PC) has not worked since I uninstalled FF 3.0 and re-installed (I am certain that this PC had at one point - but for whatever reason, is the desktop icon that I have). I uninstalled FF 3.0 because of several problems, the most glaring of which seemed to be a problem connecting to the web, although now it appears that that had more to do with a problem with the ZA Firewall. In any event ...

Flash Player ("Plugin") is most certainly installed on this PC, if I could figure-out how to capture a screenshot of the Add/Remove Program list I surely would post it here, but the program is here - right between "Adobe Flash Player Active X" and "Adobe ShockWave Player". However when I attempt to visit a site (that I have visited before via FF), I get this message: "Oops!
    It looks like you don't have flash player 6 installed. Click here to go to Macromedia download page".

Then, when I attempt to download (the already downloaded) Flash Player - nothing happens.

Any suggestions?
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2008