Flash Player in IE Not Working

Discussion in 'Software' started by lflowers, Feb 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lflowers

lflowers Private E-2

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask for help, but I am having problems with java and Internet Explorer.

Flash was running fine on IE, until one day I got a prompt telling me there was a newer version available, so I installed the newest version, well something must have gone wrong, because my browser no longer works if the page requires FLASH PLAYER

Is Flash the same as java?

When a page uses flash it tells me "the latest adobe flash player plugin is required to view this page"

I have uninstalled flash, then reinstalled it, still nothing. When I go into "Add Ons" it says I have flash installed, but it doesn't work.

Flash works perfect in Firefox and Safari.

Could I have my Internet options messed up?

I have followed the directions from Adobe to get this working, but still nothing.

When I uninstalled Flash it also uninstalls in Firefox too, then when I reinstall it, it works great in Firefox, but it's a no go in IE.

Is there a way of deleting or uninstalling IE? And Install IE from scratch?

I'm running IE 8 Beta, I just upgraded that from IE7, I thought by updating IE it would fix my flash problems, but still no dice.

Thanks in advance for helping me.

2. dinointexas

dinointexas Private E-2

do what i did:
    i have used the ADOBE's uninstall program which is free,

then downloaded and installed a fresh copy of the latest FLASH from ADOBE and now everything is running fine,

3. beezneez

beezneez Corporal

I have the same problem as OP. I also used the adobe uninstaller and went thru all the hoops and then re install. Still no joy!! I am so fed up and exasperated, I have been wrestling with this for a week.

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

5. beezneez

beezneez Corporal

hi plod,
    I have installed and uninstalled from Adobe at least 10 times, usin the uninstaller and following all the steps. I just did it again about an hour ago so must be latest version. People are mentioning IE8, how do I find out what version I have? Maybe that is the problem.

I have also gone to the site you mentioned and read it all but I am too nervous to play with the registry. I am hoping something simpler is the answer

Last edited: Mar 26, 2009
  6. Geek'N'Out

Geek'N'Out Guest

Sort Of Same Prob,
    But I've Got The Newest Flash Player (10)
    And The Newest IE

And My Flash Won't Work At All,

P.S.
    Don't Be Nervous About The REG Is SOOOOOOO Easy!
    There Is Nohing To It,
    I Do Advise Learning What Not To Touch :-D
    (I SOrtof Learned The Hard Way)

7. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

8. Geek'N'Out

Geek'N'Out Guest

My Update!
    Go To My Post Called Flash Player 10

9. DonMoir

DonMoir Private E-2

10. zbd21

zbd21 Private E-2

Last edited: Apr 11, 2009
  11. Turcoloco

Turcoloco MajorGeek

Well, I have the solution on this post!

Flash-Fix is an ongoing project of mine and I didn't get a chance to finish version 2 which installed Flash 10 just yet but you can use version 1 which should clean up existing files on your system then you could successfully install version 10 manually from Adobe's site or run the second portion of the tool to install final version of Flash 9.

I created this tool at work because systems were experiencing this problem all the time and I got sick of manually fixing it which is also explained on that thread.

Good Luck and let me know please.

~TL :cool

PS. Version 2 will be ready pretty soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds