flashed bios wrecked keyboard

Discussion in 'Software' started by dewback, Oct 5, 2005.

1. dewback

dewback Corporal

I just flashed my BIOS today and it went well... but I have one small problem. After it was done and I rebooted... the computer was going through and recognizing all the devices etc. When it came to the keyboard it said it did not install properly. I dont remember the exact message but it was something to the effect of ps2 keboard drivers could not be found... device may not funtion properly. Well the keyboard seemed to work fine but that message would popup on each reboot so I took the ps2 adapter off and plugged the keyboard in a usb slot and the message no longer pops up. It wasnt until later that I discovered that the volume dial and track forward track back buttons (I have a logitech elite keyboard) no longer function. It is not a major deal since everthing else works... but it is annoying since I like to have the volume control functions for music or even during games. I never had to install any drivers for the keyboard before... it just always worked when plugged in. Do I need to download keyboard drivers from logitech site or am I missing something else here? My computer is an hp with windows xp.

2. Prophets21

Prophets21 Staff Sergeant

What model keyboard is it? You need some drivers, probably from their website.

3. dewback

dewback Corporal

yeah... I just needed the drivers from the website you were right. weird thing is I never installed them before.... it just always worked when I pluged in the keyboard. Oh well it works now... Thanks!

4. DSorcerer

DSorcerer Private E-2

ive found that sometimes the ps\2 dosent need drivers but if you use the usb it will ask or need drivers to function right so microsuck must not of supplyed the driver support for many usb devices

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds