Flashing DVD-RW DVR-104

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jlethatymeofmylife, Aug 30, 2009.

1. jlethatymeofmylife

jlethatymeofmylife Private E-2

I have a Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-104 drive, as some of u know, which I didn't obviously, in and of itself do not recognize certain DVD disks. I can't record or write on DVD+R or DVD-RW. The drive doesn't even reocgnize the disk when i insert it. I did learn something about the necessity of flashing it in order to change the regions or whatever. I downloaded DVRFlash_v2.0 and DVD region killer v2.7.0.2. This is far as I have gotten. I don't know how to go about using this software. Don't know the terminology or the steps to take even with the little instruction that comes with the firmware. Will some please help me go about using these to flash my drive? I hope I got the right firmware. I don't even know.

jlethatymeofmylife

2. thesmokingun

thesmokingun MajorGeek

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

The Pioneer DVR-104 is a single format, DVD-R or DVD-RW writing drive only. No firmware will change the hardware, I suspect. It was new in 2001.
    You might do better to purchase a newer burner that burns to everything, DVD+R, DVD-R, DVD+RW, DVD-RW, DVD ROM, dual layer DVDs.

Here is a listing of the specs
    http://www.dvdwriters.co.uk/reviews/pioneer/dvr104p1.htm

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds