Flipped my Deskstop Help Please

Discussion in 'Software' started by mladyraven, Jan 11, 2013.

1. mladyraven

mladyraven Corporal

I posted in Malware about a problem I am having. They suggested I post in software. However, I was cleaning my Keyboard and somehow I flipped my desktop and have been unable to get it back. So I must deal with this first because I can barely see what I am typing. I am using Windows 7 64 bit. I was using a Microsoft Ergonomic 4000 v1.0 . However I tried connecting to the Dell keyboard that came with the computer. I tried a system restore and it would not let me. I tried disconnecting the computer, router, modem and power to get it to reset. I tried a system restore but it would not let me restore. This is a Dell Inspiron 660. I am using a 32 inch Panasonic tv as my monitor. If you are looking at the computer from your chair the task bar is on the left of the monitor. The top of the browser is at the right side of the monitor. The entire desktop has flipped and the only way I could get it right was if I was able to turn monitor straight up.. it's like taking a picture with an Iphone... normal is when the phone is in regular position and when you want to take a wide shot to turn the phone horizontal. That is what my desktop looks like. I found a way to take a screen shot. It is attached. Thank you , this is embarrassing! I don't know how it happened and how to fix it.

Attached Files:

2. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

Right click an empty area on the desktop. From Graphics options >Rotation> Rotate to normal.

Cheers..

3. mladyraven

mladyraven Corporal

Thank you!!! I have only had this computer for 3 months and I still have a lot to learn about Win 7. I am used to XP. The system restore, etc are very different. I will post the problem tommorrow that the Malware team suggested I post in this forum.

:) Grateful

4. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

It has nothing to do with Win7 or XP, it is the software that goes with your Graphics card that controls this behavior. We used to do this with a add on software back when Win 95 & 98 was out. Also loved running the one that would cause the eating of the displayed info on the screen. Drove people nuts.

Now getting back to the flipping, it is so that if you have to rotate the display 90 degrees, the software allows you to do that.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds