Floppy 1.44mb won't work

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Sung715, Jul 3, 2004.

1. Sung715

Sung715 Private E-2

i installed on a computer that i bought a week ago a floppy drive... but all i get is floppy disk fail (40) and thats it. i tried checking connections and enabling things like : enable boot seek floppy,but no help... my comp is new and didnt come with a floppy drive but something called media drive....

please help me out here... and btw heres the specs

Amd athlon 2.8ghz
    512 mb ram
    160 gb HD
    dvd/cd combo
    cd r/w ( not a combo with dvd)
    6 usb ports
    media drive?( has sm drive, md drive, extra usb port)
    2 included network cards (PCI) (used one on dsl one on network)
    came with Geforce MX 4000 ( heard that this was actually GF2 so i changed it with my Geforce FX 5200 PCI)
    DSL speed 1.5 mb down and forgot up..

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

It is more likely that the floppy cable in in backwards ( is the led light on the front perminently on? ) if so spin the cable around.... the end with the twist in the center should be pluged into the floppy.... if its not this then suspect either bad cable or drive.

as for the Media Drive... those are for Digital Camera or PDA smart media cards.... the front USB will be so you can easily plug your digital camera USB cable into it.

3. Sung715

Sung715 Private E-2

thnx i got it fixed in no time lol and the red light was permanently on but now its gone

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds