.flv/Flash Player/Windows 8.1

Discussion in 'Software' started by kilogulf59, Jan 30, 2015.

1. kilogulf59

kilogulf59 Private First Class

I can't seem to be able to run .flv videos on my HP laptop. I am running 8.1 and have even downloaded the latest version of Flash Player from Adobe. AFP doesn't come up as a option when I right-click the .flv file and try the "open with" option. Oh and when I search for"Adobe Flash Player" in my computer the Flash Player Settings Manager pops up...that it.

FYI, I'm good to go as far as running it online is concerned, the app in Firefox is active. I simply can't run it in the laptop itself. Any ideas fellows?

BTW, I did search the forum and no help was found.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
  2. kilogulf59

Thank you and I am D/Ling Shark007's free Advanced Codecs for Windows 8.1 now and will install them. I will watch out for those files and let you know how it works.

I use to run the VLC player in my old puter. In this case, however, I was just wondering why the darned AFP isn't working?

3. kilogulf59

BINGO! My .FLV video plays in Windows Media Player...THANKS!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds