Folder missing from WD Passport drive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wallsy, Sep 21, 2009.

1. wallsy

wallsy Private E-2

I know this sounds weird, and I'm the first one to admit when I accidentally delete folders, but a folder of pictures has disappeared off my external hard drive. I organize pictures by year--the 2007 and 2009 folder are there, but 2008 is nowhere to be found! I've run the software that restores deleted files, but none of the pictures were recovered. Is there a virus that randomly deletes folders off drives? Is there anything else I can try?

2. Wyatt_Earp

Wyatt_Earp MajorGeek

It might sound silly, but did you check in the other folders on the drive? I know I sometimes accidentally move a folder inside of another when clicking on it.

3. wallsy

wallsy Private E-2

thanks for your reply... yeah. i also used picasa to sort all my pictures by date, but there was nothing from 2008. if i moved things onto the hard drive afterward, is it possible that the folder was written over?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds