Folders going to SEARCh with Left Click

Discussion in 'Software' started by Vera, Feb 4, 2007.

1. Vera

Vera Private E-2

Hi! Here is a new one, on an HP XP PC... (new, professional version).
    When you LEFT Click any folder or hard drive, it will go to SEARCH. I have tried several ways to re-direct, but to no avail.
    1) System Restore: went back 3 months
    2) Tools/Folders: tried to set to origional settings
    3) Virus software: none found
    4) Ran several options in 'run' to find the shell, but nothing set there either.

I would like to be able to do this without doing a complete system restore if possible. This is a machine shop and it would be an all day thing setting all the machines back up and running.

I have researched several sites, but they all deal with RIGHT click issues. So, not sure what my next approach should be.

Any takers on this one?

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Go to Start-Control Panel, Folder Options.
    Make sure COntrol Panel is in classic view if you don't see it.
    CLick on the filetypes tab, then highlight File Folder.
    Go to advanced.
    Click advanced, New.
    Action:
    explore

Application used:
    explorer.exe
    Click ok, highlight it, and click Set Default.
    That should do it.
    You'd think MS would fix this bug, seeing how its 6 years old.
    ;)

3. Vera

Vera Private E-2

Thanks for the tip... I was hoping on something easy. (Frontpage has same issues... but thats a whole other issue).

I sent your reply over to my machinist friend to have him try it. Thanks! I will let you know if it works!
    V

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds