Folders names not shown in "My Pictures"

Discussion in 'Software' started by mazaprin, Oct 10, 2009.

1. mazaprin

mazaprin Private E-2

I noticed recently a very strange thing. When I go to START/ MY PICTURES (THE DIRECT PATH) all the folders, regardless of content, appear without their names.

I don't know since when because i have not gone to the "My Pictures" folder for a couple months and I tried to use System Restore to go several points back and it did not solve the problem. I can right click on any folder and choose "rename" and the letter box comes up and I can re-name the folder but inmediatelly after I finish renaming it the box dissapears and the folder still does not display its name.

What is really strange is that if I go around by going to
    START/MY COMPUTER/DRIVE C/DOCUMENT & SETTINGS/USER'S NAME/MY DOCUMENTS/MY PICTURES
    I then see that all the folders are displaying their names !! (how can it be possible if this is the same "My Pictures" folder regardless of the way you choose to access it???).

I would appreciate your help to resolve this problem so all these folder in "My Pictures" display again their names. I use Windows XP

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds