Folding on 2 9800GT's

Discussion in 'Software' started by augiedoggie, Dec 12, 2008.

1. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Well, it took me a bit to get this going after I received the second card today, followed a couple of guides written for XP that didn't work for Vista x86 though I got enough hints to get this going after a meal and a good nap!:-D

Install the GPU client, delete the shortcut from the desktop, copy the 3 .dll's and the client to the two new folders you created called GPU 0 and GPU 1 for example, create the shortcuts from each folder adding the respective flags to the shortcuts, '-verbosity 9 -GPU 0' and '-verbosity 9 -GPU 1', it's as easy as boiling water!;)

I have to brag a bit here of course, this is the PPD of the 384 point projects @ stock speeds. BTW, this is running the 188.08 drivers which has improved the folding by %10 according to nVidia and they're right! Folding using the 178.08s was about 3.6K PPD. I can't wait to OC these suckers, but that's for tomorrow with a fresh brain!:p:-D

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 12, 2008
  2. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

Ok Augie your upping the stakes with 2 cards folding, way to go
    [​IMG]

3. augiedoggie

Thanks Bill, it was my Christmas present from the gf.:)

4. lbmest

lbmest MajorGeek

That was a very nice present augiedoggie. Kudos to the gf.:-D

(And kudos for you on the folding points.):major

5. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

I am now out of the chase with 1 GTX 260,i have no chance of getting another one in my tower.
    You know the trouble i had getting mine in.[​IMG]

maybe in the new year i will build another PC with a bigger case and a new motherboard?

I think you have been up most of the night playing with your new toy.[​IMG]

Did you use the driver disk that came with the card or download from Nvida the way i did (they are newer than the disk)

6. augiedoggie

LOL Bill, I have been up all night! Darn insomnia);) rolleyes:-D Ya, I grabbed the current drivers from nVidia, nice to see that we don't need the CUDA drivers anymore!:cool

Out of the chase Bill? No way man!!! That's a great card! If you were chasing me then just blame the gf.;) She doesn't come here.:-D What I always say about folding, affordable butt kicking! :-D There's no way I could ever come close to Trei's stats especially since he stated getting a 280 into his mix along with his three 8800GTXs, I'd have to eat Spam for a couple of years just to get a 280 which ain't gonna happen!

Last edited: Dec 12, 2008
  7. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

Here in Belgium the 280 is near $500.
    I wanted a 280 but my PC store did not have one in stock,he only had 260s so just by a stroke of fate i got the 260.

He tells me that the 280 can perform up to 30% faster[​IMG]

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds