Folding Pron!

Discussion in 'Software' started by augiedoggie, Sep 17, 2010.

1. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Aaaaccckkk!!! OK, I fold for the cause and enjoy some light-hearted trash talking about points but this is unbelievable! This guy has gone ballistic and I'm not sure if he'll stop after these 18 i7's either!:eek No GPU folding here. Besides memory, he just needs a PSU and low-end GFX card. I'll find a pic of his wooden rack where the cards just hang when I can find it. :drool BTW, he expects some 320 to 400K PPD, of course depending on the WUs.:major

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 17, 2010
  2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

OMG thats just mental..... I knwo I may blow $$$$$$$$$$$ on tech but wooooohaaaa thats got my admiration.

Side note:
    We now have a Best Buy near us and was mental today on grande openings! didnt buy anything but did wander around for 30mins, hope they have some good deals like they do have in the USA. Did get some weird looks when looking at laptops and PCs, wonder why..... I did have a Microsoft lanyard on which has my works ID and security passes attached too, maybe they thought I was spying for Steve B! hahahhaha

3. lbmest

lbmest MajorGeek

Daaaamn! He does half my monthly points in a day.:eek

Ain't no justice.:cry Those are some crazy PPDs tho.:drool

(My wife would :banghead me if I tried to do that.)

4. masterusername

masterusername Private E-2

Holy crap that is insane, hey auggie, can you get ahold of that folder and convince him to switch over to majorgeeks?;) hahaha that would be awsome lol.

5. noprob

noprob Corporal

wow :major

6. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Holy :crap.
    That is some heavy output.

7. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Wow, and I thought I was doing good when I had 3 desktops, a laptop, and a few borgs... :-D

8. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Don't let it get you down, Fred.
    You're still doing better than most (if not all) of the rest of the team.

9. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Not worried about it at all Hrlow2! Had a big 'farm' back in the old CPU folding days. I might get back into more one day, just have other hobbies and things to spend my money on.

Would be nice to see some results from all the WU's. I am sure they will have some one day. :-D

10. augiedoggie

VJ Pande actually talked about a couple of projects that has those guys excited and if they are excited then so am I.:)

Now on to some more folding pron, he has added 7 more i7's and redid his 'rack'! The power that must take, besides probably having a secondary electrical box. Looks like he's got plenty of room in that rack for another 9 cards!:eek:major He's gonna beat my alltime record of 11.9M points in a few hours. Now there's some folding inflation eh?

Attached Files:

11. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Now that is some F@H pron! :-D

12. DavidGP

Infactuation more like Augie :major cheers for posting, as wow great to see the lengths some will go just to fold proteins!!!

13. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Folding proteins is OK.
    It's the ironing thats tough.;)rolleyes

14. DavidGP

Damn creases.

I do have to add at this point, if it where not for the users of apps like F@H that medical science would be back many years on its information, so its a great thanks too all that fold that medical science in nay areas is moving forward at a vast rate of knots, not that we need to slow down.

We could do with many more members folding for majorgeeks and for science.

15. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

It would be nice to see more folding here. Go to some of the top folding teams sites and see how they recruit. ;)

16. augiedoggie

This guy wants to be a whole huge team all on his own! Another 16 i7's in the works.:banghead That'll take him up to 37 i7's! That's some $18K.:eek That's dedication to the cause man.

Attached Files:

17. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Wow! Awesome to see that someone can do that. WTF! ;)

18. lbmest

lbmest MajorGeek

Damn, that's a lot of folding power. Glad I don't have his electric bill.;)

19. augiedoggie

He's not paying for it as apparently his company blows through a lot of power and it wouldn't be even noticed. I just hope he's doing it on the up and up as one could get fired for that as some have. Can't lose a job like that where one can afford to spend that kind of money just to fold.

20. LI_Geek_95

LI_Geek_95 Post-and-Run Geek

I have a Pentium 4. Sorry. Lmao

21. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Originally Posted by Fred_G
    "It would be nice to see more folding here. Go to some of the top folding teams sites and see how they recruit."

LoL, that was the old Fred_G. I am now a quiet noncompetitive person. :-D Of course, depending on your GPU, you might could fold with that. And for heaven's sake, don't borg anything! ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds