fonts become symbols

Discussion in 'Software' started by cnhnsb, Feb 7, 2004.

1. cnhnsb

cnhnsb Private E-2

When I startup all the fonts on the screen are in some strange symbols, some change after a minute but the symbols still persist in the control panel screen. I did recently download a new font but now can not open the font folder to erase it all I get when I click on the folder is a blank folder.
    I have run ad-aware (as my kids were into a game site) and rebouted several times and run virus search all to no avail. I have an XP home addition, any clues how to fix this one? I notice the fonts I do see look different from usual

2. Ezaxs99

Ezaxs99 Ether Person

3. cnhnsb

cnhnsb Private E-2

When I tried to restore I was unable to go before today which was no help, it would just not let me chose anyother day and go backwards? Is there a way to get to a previous day, I know it is set to automatically creat resore points.

4. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Are we seeing the payload of a virus?
    Do an online virus scan.

Housecall.antivirus.com

5. Endi

Endi Lt. Links

The folder is blank cause maybe all the fonts are gone. somehow they were erased

I suspect the font you downloaded somehow erased all your other fonts and then intalled itself somewhere where you cannot find it

you say you can open the folder try the following at least it will get you a font you can read

download a font anyfont from here
    http://www.1001freefonts.com/fonts/afonts.htm

then install the new font

6. cnhnsb

cnhnsb Private E-2

Did the housecall virus scan no virus almost wish there was one. Will try the tweakUI. Still can not access a restore date for before the problem occured.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds