Forced Facebook LIKE Popup Fix It Please

Discussion in 'Software' started by GSXR13K, May 28, 2014.

1. GSXR13K

GSXR13K Private E-2

today i started getting a forced facebook "like" popup box that i cant ad to my popup blocker filter. i dont have facebook and it is popping up every time i visit the site. thx

2. Nick T

Nick T MajorGeek

If you don't have facebook, in what way are you visiting the site ? Is the pop up in some way trying to get you to join?

3. GSXR13K

GSXR13K Private E-2

its just a basic popup that appears when i first open MG for viewing asking me to like MG's facebook account. i have never seen popups from MG that i couldnt add to my popup filter.

im usng a desktop with firefox.

4. Lapetus

Lapetus Private E-2

That's internal MG HTML code, to block it you have to block MG itself. There are work arounds but you need to learn how to use your host file.

5. GSXR13K

GSXR13K Private E-2

i know how to use the hosts file. no other site i visit, and i visit hundreds daily, uses a like button like this. one could easily be added to the home page without forcing a popup on loyal users. i dont block allot so website admins get their advertising fees but i wont stand for popups. there are a million other sites to download what i need without having to worry about it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds