Formatted sd card now space is alot smaller...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Nexus_, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Nexus_

Nexus_ Staff Sergeant

I used this software called memorytest86 to test my memory

Instead of using a cd i decided to just quickly use the usb option.
    I used the program it came with to format the sd card.

HOWEVER after it was formatted it shows that i only have like 50 mb of storage.

I had 8 gb on this how can i revert back?

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

3. Nexus_

Nexus_ Staff Sergeant

I was actually already trying this software a bit before and had not results other than '' cannot format this card'' error.

After like 3 or 4 times the computer said my sd card was corrupted. At which point i inserted it into another computer and it read the whole 7.4 gb however it stated it needed to be formatted so i used the software again and it seems to be back like it was.

Steering a bit off topic the memorytest86 app is fairly accurate? At least judging from posts in this board it seems some people rely on it its results to test memory and rule out some things.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds