formatting/reinstalling windows XP

Discussion in 'Software' started by sirveaux, Dec 28, 2004.

1. sirveaux

sirveaux Private E-2

my computer came preinstalled with XP, so how do I reinstall it without a CD?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

depending on manufacturer, if it didnt come with a CD you most likely will need to create some rescue disks, check manual or menus for create rescue or recovery disks.... if like my sister who just bought an Advent Laptop it prompted her to create a rescue cd.

also check manufacturers website for info.

and WELCOME to MajorGeeks :)

3. Novice

Novice MajorGeek

Welcome to Major Geeks! Computer model and brand would be helpful before replying! Some manufacturers make a small D drive formatted in FAT32 that contains the windows installation and will allow you to burn it to CD, in case the necessity arises, and restore CD's can be ordered from most manufacturers for a small ? price! :)

4. sirveaux

sirveaux Private E-2

thanks for the welcomes!

computer is hewlette packard a404x

is this article helpful for creating sys recovery disks? care to elaborate?

5. Novice

Novice MajorGeek

Halo,
    Sorry, as I didn't see you while I was posting! You must be a fast at typing! :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds