Formatting

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by DaRkKn1qHt, Oct 22, 2004.

1. DaRkKn1qHt

DaRkKn1qHt Private First Class

When is formatting necessary? I believe that formatting is a last resort method! When all other options fail format. So why then do some people feel that When you have a bunch of errors or something you don't understand, FORMAT. This just doesn't make since to me, but I do agree sometimes formatting is necessary. Anybody else have a different opinion?

2. Burrito

Burrito Private E-2

formating is a nice tool to have around. even if nothing is wrong with my computer i still format every 6 months or so. it gets rid of any junk that u got layin around. just save all your improtant stuff to some CDs first. it can speed up ur comp noticably if u got a crowded hard drive of old programs and junk u dont use anymore.

3. Wookie

Wookie Sergeant Major

Many times its just easier and less stressful, usually windows runs much faster after a fresh install also. Some people prefer to just let setup run again reinstall what they need than to hack around at files and such trying to figure out a problem and fix it. Depends on your mindset, time and how well you know the system.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds