Forme Salon Public?

Discussion in 'Software' started by CatT, Dec 1, 2009.

1. CatT

CatT I can't follow the rules

Starting around 6 months ago this showed up in my wireless networks list. I initially assumed some nearby beauty parlor had installed wifi. However, google reveals the only place with that name to be well on the other coast!

On top of which, the entry is ALWAYS there. When I'm at work, at a client's, at Starbucks....

Is this some sort of virus? A Windows "easter egg"? Code name for the public electric company or ATT or some other sort of "ubiquitous" network?

I should note that it survived all the usual virus and malware scanners - even a windows reinstall!

2. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

If it's not causing you any trouble, you might rename it for a while for safety's sake - if nothing blows up, you should then be able to safely delete it...

You're right: it's probably an unsecured wifi you picked up, and the entry is just hanging around...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds