Forwarded email - "send later"

Discussion in 'Software' started by Skysarge, Jun 10, 2012.

1. Skysarge

Skysarge First Sergeant

I often forward email I have gotten, and have a policy of deleting name/email address of original sender(s) address, as well as others who might have forwarded the message.

Lately I have set the message up to send (forward). however that choice is not available, and in its place is "send later." I do not want to send later and have yet to determine how to send it later anyway.

Sometimes I must copy the message I received, edit, set the message up and then send that.

Inquiring (and enquiring) minds want to know "now what!"

Thanks for ant suggestions or help
    Sarge

2. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

So we need to know how you are forwarding these messages. If through an email client, which one, and if through a web service, which one?

3. Skysarge

Skysarge First Sergeant

Using Outlook Express through Thunderbird. (Message/Forward)
    Thanks,
    Sarge

4. Earthling

Of all the answers that's the one I would least have expected ;) Outlook Express and Thunderbird are both email clients, so which of the two are the messages being received in and forwarded from? It can't be both.

5. Skysarge

Skysarge First Sergeant

Then Thunderbird would be my reply.
    When first using email, and for years, went through OEx. Habit dictates I list it
    Sarge

6. Earthling

okay, Send Later is a Thunderbird add on, not installed by default. If you don't want to schedule your send times you should be able to uninstall it via Tools > Add-ons. It could be under Extensions or Plugins, not sure as I don't use Send Later myself (TBird 12.0.1)

7. Skysarge

Skysarge First Sergeant

That was part of what confused me. I would not have set it up either. No need.
    I went to tools, do not see it listed at all in any of the categories or sub headings.

Sarge

8. Earthling

So TBird has been okay and this has suddenly started? What version are you on?

btw, late here now so shutting up shop for tonight.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds