Forwarding pictures using Hotmail's web mail

Discussion in 'Software' started by Finn209, Aug 13, 2005.

1. Finn209

Finn209 Private E-2

My 82 year old mother has started using a computer and email. She is only comfortable with Hotmail's web mail. Many times her friends will send her a picture or pictures in an email that she would like to forward on to others. When you click the "Forward" button, those pictures are no longer attached. Is there some way she can forward pictures without saving them to her hard drive and then attaching them all over again? I try to keep it very simple for her. She doesn't like using OE. thanks!

2. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Have her reset the browser's default settings, see if that works.

1. In Internet Explorer, in the "Tools" menu, click "Internet Options".
    2. Click "Programs".
    3. Click "Reset Web Settings".
    4. Select the "Also reset my home page" check box.
    5. Click "Yes".
    6. Click "OK".

Steve

3. Finn209

Finn209 Private E-2

Thanks Matacumbie,

I'll give that a try.

I've been testing out a couple of things on my computers also. When I send a picture to hotmail's webmail "as an attachment" then I can forward it from hotmail to others successfully. But when I use outlook's function that inserts the picture into the email's body itself, and send that to hotmail, then I can't forward email with picture to others from a hotmail webmail account.

So now I'm wondering if some of my mom's friends may be sending her pictures in that manner. Thus stopping her ability to forward them. So I'll check on that too.

thanks again for your help!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds