Forwardng/funneling multiple multiple gmails accts into one

Discussion in 'Software' started by drcarl, May 6, 2014.

1. drcarl

drcarl Staff Sergeant

Greetings Geeksters,

I hope someone here can enlighten me.

I have been attempting to set up these accounts so that they all funnel into one. But, there is some strange (to me) behavior. I have lost sight of why I want to understand this, although I am sure that I do want to know what the blockade is.

Here are some examples of what I do, and what happens. I'd LOVE to understand (teach me!) what I am running up against...some kind of user error probably.

I am forwarding multiple (22) gmail accounts to one (1) main gmail account.

When I ... send one email, to one gmail addy, from a Yahoo account, from inside an online browser, I get ... one email into the gmail address (as expected) which is then forwarded (as expected) to the destination, the target/main gmail address. Subsequently, Outlook can retrieve this mail from the target gmail account. This tells me the forwarding is set correctly.

When I ... send one email, to TWO gmail addys (addressed to to accounts, "001"@gmail.com, and "002"@gmail.com), from a Yahoo account, from inside an online browser, I get ... one email into both, into each of the gmail addresses (as expected), but only one is forwarded and only one copy arrives at the target/main gmail address....and therefore, only one is retrieved by Outlook. I expected two. I expected that "001" would be forwarded to the target AND that "002" would, too.

Mail to multiple gmail addressees from inside Outlook sent via my main gmail address do arrive at the multiple addresses, but no copies are forwarded or funneled back into the main/target account.

Sending mail from Outlook --> via main gmail address --> to one alternate gmail address --> arrives at alternate gmail address --> gets forwarded to target/main gmail address...but then is not picked up by outlook, although it can be found int he "All Mail" folder and not the "Inbox" demonstrating that it was indeed forwarded.

I feel like I am losing my marbles. I'd expect that if I send mail to multiple gmail addresses (from wherever [Outlook, online browser, etc]), all forwarded/funneled into one main gmail address, that I'd get multiple copies. (the copy to 001, to 002, to 003, etc). I either get one or none back into Outlook....and only one funneled back to the main target account (even if it's to multiple addressees).

Is anyone laughing because they know what I am running into? ~and can help me after they stop laughing?

Best and TIA

drcarl

Last edited: May 6, 2014
  2. drcarl

drcarl Staff Sergeant

Possible clue...in some cases (maybe all?), it seems like Outlook goes into Gmail (via POP3) and takes copies only of certain emails...while leaving the ones I write and sent from some of my other accounts there in the inbox, untouched. Just thinking out loud here...?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds