Found something out with Samba on Ubuntu 12.04 tonight

Discussion in 'Software' started by brownizs, Jun 6, 2012.

1. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

Tonight, I decided to jump over to a file share on our Windows 7 Pro Desktop tonight, due to I was too lazy to get up and go in there to look up what I wanted. Samba on Ubuntu 12.04, now requires that you capitalize the username, which never was the case with previous editions.

Only way around this that I have found as a quick fix, is by going to Go, then Network and setup a Network connection to the windows machine, then use a Capitalized username, then password can stay the same. I am too lazy to figure out how to edit the username info on my netbook running Ubuntu 12.04, or go through the pain of converting the username info for Samba.

Sometimes things are just easier to take the shortcut, vs. taking the long route, even though it works.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds