FoxMail 7 Address Information.

Discussion in 'Software' started by BreezyCricket, May 9, 2013.

1. BreezyCricket

BreezyCricket Private E-2

I receive E-Mails from the organizer of a group I belong to and their name and E-Mail address are entered automatically into my address book. I don't know which setting controls this but it seems to work, because when I double-click on their entry in my address book I get a blank E-Mail form with their name in the 'To' field and when this is sent it goes to the correct E-Mail address. We now have a new organizer and I have received a number of E-Mail messages from this individual. However, I have just tried to send a message to this new person and when I do what I have always done, the original person's name still appears in the 'To' field. I can find no place to edit this information and I certainly would appreciate if someone could tell me how to correct this. Many Thanks.

2. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

How are handling email? I mean, are you using an email client, i.e. program, such as Microsoft Outlook, Windows Live Mail, Thunderbird, etc., or do you access your email via web browser? If the latter, do you use Google's gmail, Yahoo! Mail, or what?

Here's the scenario I see, based on your comments. The new "organizer" is using the same computer as the former organizer. Is that right? Or, perhaps they are using a different computer but access the same organization email account via a webmail (i.e. access email via a web browser) interface. In either case, they have not changed name on the sending email account. This probably means all other recipients, not only you, are experiencing the same thing. So, the new organizer should be informed of this and asked to change the name that recipients see on the sending account.

However, the good news is that if you simply go ahead and reply to the "wrong" organizer, the new organizer will still receive your reply since it would be sent back to the correct underlying email address. And, I think this, i.e. simply reply as usual even though you see the wrong name, is what I would do until the new organizer corrects the name on the organizational email account.

Edit: I'm not familiar with FoxMail. Anyway, the organizer needs to change the name associated with the FoxMail account.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds