Fraps capturing problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by Dopplershift, Nov 25, 2005.

1. Dopplershift

Dopplershift Private E-2

Apologies if this isn't the right place for this question, I honestly couldn't find anywhere seemingly more appropriate on the entire internet...

I'm using fraps to capture from Team Fortress Classic running through steam, I can't capture as I play as the frames drop too low so I'm recording demos and capturing the replays. The problem is that as soon as I start to capture visual effects such as the flash/explosion from a concussion grenade cease to be visible, either in the demo or the final video...

Is this a problem anyone else has come across and fixed? I assume it's a problem with my system as I've seen many a fraps movie with all kinds of effects and explosions going BANG and PSHHHEEOW all over the place...

I'm running:

Athlon xp2500+
    ATI Radeon 9600xt (latest catalyst drivers)
    Windows 2000 professional (fully updated)
    DirectX 9.0c

Any advice greatly appreciated, thanks :)

2. Dopplershift

Dopplershift Private E-2

Hmmm, well nevermind, it's randomly decided to start working, mine not to reason why I guess... thread over :p

3. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Did you happen to update your graphics drivers? It'd be good to know what you did (if you can work it out) for future reference for people searching this forum.

4. Dopplershift

Dopplershift Private E-2

No I didn't update anything, I did free up a lot of space on the hard drive in question. If nothing else it improved the FPS during capturing to a large extent (highly recommended for any struggling Fraps users), I guess that was probably responsible for the fix, seems weird to me but I know very little about such things :D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds