free photo. editor you can write on

Discussion in 'Software' started by fiver22, Mar 19, 2004.

1. fiver22

fiver22 Sergeant

My parents need a free image editior that *you can write on*. Specifically something that will open/let you write on '.bmp' files.
    I figure that there must be something out there, any suggestions?
    Thanks,
    They are running winXP Home
    512 RAM
    tons of HDD space
    p4.

2. Boccemon

Boccemon First Sergeant

3. Boccemon

Boccemon First Sergeant

Thanks Star

I've never attempted it. I know it will do just about everything else. Perhaps a trial of Photoshop Elements from Adobe??

4. Boccemon

Boccemon First Sergeant

Really?

Way Cool......I'm at work so could not check it out for myself. I thought that I had seen a portion of the proggy that would facilitate that. I'm gonna' have to check it out myself!!0 Thanks for the double check!! :eek:

5. billH

billH Master Sergeant

Way Cool. I didn't know that either.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 19, 2004
  6. fiver22

fiver22 Sergeant

MS Paint!

Silly me! -Thanks Star17. I completely forgot about that.
    It is exactly what they need and no need to download 3rd party software.
    Thanks,

7. muskybob

muskybob Fish Tickler

For some reason I'm unable to add text. Is there a plug in I'm missing?

8. billH

billH Master Sergeant

Hi MB, when you use the left mouse button to designate the area of the photo,gif, etc. that you want the text to appear in, nothing happens when (under "edit")you select "insert text into image"?

9. muskybob

muskybob Fish Tickler

I just figured it out BillH. It helps when you've finally remembered to use the "help" feature. Duh :D Thanks for the reply any-hoo ;)

10. Greyhound

Greyhound Sergeant

I have the latest version of irfanview free, and it has all the latest plugins, but no text either. I know that I am not awake yet, but I see no way to add text. Maybe on the registered one.?

11. billH

billH Master Sergeant

yeah, darn it. double Duh. :D
    ps: i have the same problem with road maps too :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds