Free Recorder, Virus?

Discussion in 'Software' started by tomsmg, Mar 21, 2017.

1. tomsmg

tomsmg Private First Class

2. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Virus total gives 10 sites showing some form of Malware against 61 that don't
    https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/...4b8cd63a9a90e977742ff1c8/analysis/1490132662/

I just run a TEST install and there are TWO windows in the install process for extra options (Relevant Knowledge & Byte Space) that you can OPT OUT of. It is these that are classed as PUPs - potentially unwanted programs. Opt out of them and it is fine.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  3. tomsmg

ok, Thank you Max.

4. tomsmg

Max, you said I just run a TEST install and there are TWO windows in the install process for extra options (Relevant Knowledge & Byte Space) that you can OPT OUT of. It is these that are classed as PUPs - potentially unwanted programs. Opt out of them and it is fine.

I did not see extra options to opt out of, I downloaded it on firefox and saved it then i ran it, then the avira kept blocking it before i could see any options. any ideas on what i am doing wrong? Thanks

5. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

In the install process you WILL see two options windows for 2 different software packages that have boxes at the bottom saying accept or not accept. Make sure you click in the 'no/not agree/not accept boxes.

If AVIRA will not even allow you to open the set up file, then you must DISABLE Avira's real time protection while you run that file.
    It sounds like Avira is being bloody minded.

6. Anon-469e6fb48c

Anon-469e6fb48c Anonymized

Malwarebytes must be going after third party software.This just happened to advance system care.

I am not seeing any big issues here.I ran Panda and a few others and found very little issues.

Panda found zero problems.Out of 165,000 files on my system.

Malwarebytes It detected.With in the first few seconds.Now i am not saying that this is a true or false positive.Butit seems malwarebytes team is being to picky.

PUP.Optional.Install Core
    PUP.Optional.OpenCandy

While open that program is only using 1% cpu of my core and i am not seeing any thing going on in windows 7.

7. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Read these threads a bit more carefully.
    The OP showed AVIRA (not Malwarebytes which you seem obsessed with) detecting PUPs in that program, and it is TRUE, so if during set up install if they're not UNCHECKED they get installed.
    Relevant Knowledge (which is one of two programs included) IS a PUP!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds