Free Security Suite?

Discussion in 'Software' started by cyberspacecadet, Mar 20, 2010.

1. cyberspacecadet

cyberspacecadet Private E-2

Hi folks

Is it possible to create a decent free security suite for windows xp similar to what Norton and McAfee offer with the downloads here?

I am currently using Norton which will expire soon. :)

2. Burrell

Burrell MajorGeek

3. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

Not a whole suite, no, but you can get the parts free. Just follow the advice in that thread Burrell gave you a link to, and you'll be set in no time.

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Truthfully, I prefer to spread my security around to more than one company. I might be creating a false sense of security for myself but since every company detects things a bit differently, my gut says, if one app doesn't find strain xyz maybe an app from another company will stop it dead in its tracks.

5. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Several programs devoted to specific functions working together is way better than one program that tries to cover everything(like a 1-man baseball team).

6. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

You might also like to check out:

Must have FREE downloads from MajorGeeks at
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/page.php?id=20

Great Freeware programs in just about every category and as good as, quite often better, than programs you have to pay for.

I have used may of the programs listed in the link above and most have been well tested by MG members.
    Bazza

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds