Free Windows ReGistry Repair problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by dell1705user, Mar 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dell1705user

dell1705user Corporal

I keep get this window popping up during the Registry scan for errors that reads:

Free Windows Repair Registry
    Access violation at address 004097E7 in module 'Regpair.exe'. Read of address 00AE0998.

Any ideas why?

2. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

I'm not sure why you're getting this error, but RegPair is a big pile of :crap ! It's advertised as freeware but it isn't. It'll scan and say '427 problems found! Click OK to fix'. You'll click OK and get a message that the free version will only repair 10 problems, and that to fix all the problems, you need to pay $29.95 or whatever for the 'full' version. Uninstall Regpair and use Advanced Windows Care or CCleaner or Wise Registry Cleaner. They're all free, and they do a complete scan of the registry, and they allow you to backup the reg before cleaning, so in case something goes wrong, you can restore it.

hopperdave2000

3. dell1705user

dell1705user Corporal

I've never been asked to pay anything. It'll find 100+ items and repair/fix all of them. At any rate though, I deleted the program as I use CCleaner as well and see no point in using 2 programs where one does the job of the other and then some. Go CCleaner!:clap

4. dell1705user

dell1705user Corporal

And thanks for the reply.

5. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

OK- It could be that I'm thinkin' of something else; not RegPair (ooops, my bad ;) ) Glad all is well!

Hopperdave2000

And..... Go CCleaner!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds