1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Freemake problems

Discussion in 'Software' started by smallfry1, Sep 13, 2011.

1. smallfry1

smallfry1 Private E-2

Hello everyone.

A computer magazine, Computer Shopper has recommended the use of Freemake video converter.
    I have just downloaded it and have already "lost" three blank DVD disks trying to record a short movie I found on the Web.

The file was in *.FLV format but every time I tried to playback the DVD all I got was a screen comprising what looked like floorboard patterned linoleum/vinyl and up in the top left hand corner of the screen was a window playing about the first minute of the movie and nothing else. oh, and there was no sound either.

Could anyone tell me what I was doing wrong please ( I have not tried burning a video before.

Many thanks.
  2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Welcome to MG's. I have moved your thread to the software forum. ;)
  3. jimsing59

jimsing59 Private E-2

Freemake is the worst program that I have tested recently and is not even Windows 8 compatible. Freemake Video Downloader is a little better and I recommend using it if you just have to have a Freemake product.