Freemake Video issues?

Discussion in 'Software' started by lastfirst, Jun 16, 2012.

1. lastfirst

lastfirst Private E-2

I have freemake, however whenever my video is finished converting (well at 94% everytime) it tells me disk error and to either save it or to try another disk or it comes up with a message saying that it has crashed and would I like to send an error report?

However, I have tried another disk and there is nothing wrong with the disks and it still will not work. I have never had this problem before and it worked fine when I used Freemake last.

ANy help would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. lastfirst

lastfirst Private E-2

Hi,

Sorry I tried to edit my above post but it wouldnt let me??

I have freemake Video COnverter the latest version, however whenever my video is finished converting it tells me disk error and to either save it or to try another disk? However, I have tried another disk and there is nothing wrong with the disks and it still will not work. I have never had this problem before and it worked fine when I used Freemake last.

I have tried using different disks, I have uninstalled freemake and reinstaled it, I have tried different videos, including ones I have previous burned that burned fine on freemake. I still keep getting the same message as soon as it has finished converting

WARNING

DVD Burning Error

An error occurred while burning DVD
    You can try to burn another disk or save the DVD folder to PC

I also sometimes get this message too

dvdauthor.exe has stopped working

ANy help would be appreciated.

Thanks

3. lastfirst

lastfirst Private E-2

How to burn a DVD help?

I am getting the exact smame message that comes up whenever I use other DVD burners too?? I dont know why every single DVD Burner that I use says the same thing??

When I used DVD FLick it also allowed me to copy the error log which was

-1 from DVDAuthor: DVD Was not authored correctly

An Error occured during the encoding process

[Input info]
    Bitrate=96
    Actual rate=96.000000
    Sampling Frec=48000
    TotalFrames=483
    Bytesperframe= 384.0000
    Filesize=185472
    FrameDuration= 32.0000
    Framespersecond= 31.2500
    Duration=00:00:15.456
    Channels mode=1/0: C
    LFE=LFE: Not present
    [Target info]
    StartFrame=5
    EndFrame=482
    NotFixedDelay= 0.0000
    Duration=00:00:15.296
    ====== PROCESSING LOG ======================
    Seeking....
    Done.
    Processing....
    Number of written frames = 478
    Number of Errors= 0

Mplex.exe has stopped working

DVDauthor.exe has stopped working

C:\Program Files\DVD Flick\bin\dvdauthor.exe -x "D:\DVDFLICK\dvdauthor.xml"

C:\Program Files\DVD Flick\bin\mplex.exe -f 8 --vbr -o "D:\DVDFLICK\title0.mpg" "D:\DVDFLICK\0.0.m2v"

Is there something missing on my PC or something gone wrong with it or maybe something that I have uninstalled by accident which is stopping DVDs from now burning on my PC as it was working find until recently? I have uninstalled a few things over the last few months but can not remember exactly what.

4. Puppywunder58

Puppywunder58 Master Sergeant

Perhaps your DVD burner has gone bad. How old is it? You could pick up a new one at Newegg.com fairly cheaply and swap out your old one to test it.

5. lastfirst

lastfirst Private E-2

Thanks, I think its something to do with a corrupt file, or something I have deleted which is now causing this? I really dont understand whats wrong?

6. lastfirst

lastfirst Private E-2

I get the message "write error" when trying to burn. Does that help in figuring out what the problem might be?

7. lastfirst

lastfirst Private E-2

I got this message, does this help at all?

Troubleshoot CD/DVD Drives Publisher details
    Issues found
    Media in CD/DVD drive is not readable (HL-DT-ST DVD-RW_GSA-H41N ATA Device)
    Not fixed
    Insert readable media

Succeeded

Issues checked
    Your CD/DVD class filter was not recognized
    Checked
    Your CD/DVD device is not recognized
    Checked
    Drive is disabled (HL-DT-ST DVD-RW_GSA-H41N ATA Device)
    Checked
    Drive is not assigned a drive letter
    Checked
    Issues found Detection details
    Media in CD/DVD drive is not readable (HL-DT-ST DVD-RW_GSA-H41N ATA Device) Not fixed
    The drive is empty or the media format is not supported
    Issues checked Detection details
    Your CD/DVD class filter was not recognized Checked
    Your CD/DVD device may not be recognized when plugged into your computer. This problem may occur if upper and lower filters are being used in the registry.
    Your CD/DVD device is not recognized Checked
    Your CD/DVD device may not be recognized when plugged into your computer. This problem may occur if upper and lower filters are being used in the registry.
    Drive is disabled (HL-DT-ST DVD-RW_GSA-H41N ATA Device) Checked
    The CD/DVD drive have been disabled in Device Manager
    Drive is not assigned a drive letter Checked
    The CD/DVD drive is not accessible via an assigned drive letter
    Detection details
    Collection information
    Computer Name: VIV-PC
    Windows Version:
    Architecture:
    x86
    Time:
    6/21/2012 4:37:18 PM
    Publisher details
    Troubleshoot CD/DVD Drives
    This diagnostic identifies and resolves common problems that may prevent you from reading and writing CDs/DVDs
    Package Version:
    Publisher:
    Microsoft Corporation

8. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What is your Windows version and Service Pack?

Have you updated the software mentioned in your post to make sure they are latest versions?

While this may not fix the video conversion and buring, I would use another burning application say CDBurnerXP and just burn any data to a CD or DVD to see if your CD drive is dead or not.

You could also try this HERE and remove the upper and lower filters and then reboot and try again, may need to re-install the software you use to burn cd/dvd again.

9. lastfirst

lastfirst Private E-2

Problem fixed thanks, a dollar store CD Cleaner did the job in 2 mins! Burns great now :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds