Freeware speech recognition "notepad"

Discussion in 'Software' started by goldfish, Nov 3, 2004.

1. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Windows XP has speech recognition built into it.

Does anyone know of a freeware program that will let me use this to dictate notes? It would be handy for phone conversations (might be a bit bewildering to the customer on the other end after me saying "Allow.... loft..... rooms" or somthing really slowly :p ). In any case, it would be quite funny ;)

I've put about an hours worth of training into it, since I had to to use UT2004 speech commands (ha, like that worked, bots are dumb!).

2. MechGeek

MechGeek Private First Class

This is from http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/expert/moskowitz_02september23.mspx.

Looks like if you have the Speech Recognition Module you should be able to use it with notepad. If you got the SRE from office then you could use it with Word. If you are still lacking the SRE the free way to get it is in the development kit.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds