freeware way to comple icon library to dll

Discussion in 'Software' started by gGrump, Oct 2, 2007.

1. gGrump

gGrump Private E-2

Is there such a thing as a freeware utility that will do this?

(Google hasn't been kind. the only thing I found was one payware icon-manager program GConvert.)

I know nothing about programming, so discussion of things like "compiling with Delphi" and such-like are just like trying to understand Martian.

Thanks for any advice you might have for me.

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Maybe you need to clarify what you want to do. I have no idea what comple stands for.

Do you want to convert from .ico to .dll?
    You may be able to do this with Irfan.
    http://majorgeeks.com/IrfanView_d4253.html
    .ico .icl .dll are supported. To batch convert, after you install the program, click on file and Batch Convert is one of the choices. I'm running an older version so dll isn't one of my choices. I've successfully used Irfan to convert files from one type to another.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2007
  3. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

compile.

The OP wants to make a .DLL out of some icon files, likely to be used on shortcuts.

As for a free way to do this..... ????

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds