Freeze Upon Loading, Need Drastic Help!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mikal, Sep 9, 2007.

1. Mikal

Mikal Private E-2

Hi guys, I just restarted my computer and it freezes EVERY time it tries to load up... I get the the screen where you see Windows XP and the blue bar going along, and it does that for a couple mins then just freezes. So I shut down and start again and you get the choice of either 'start windows normally' 'last known good configuration' 'safe mode' etc.

It freezes everytime I choose either 'start windows normally' or 'last known good configuration' ... Safe mode will load up fine, which is what I am on now (w/ Networking)

I have tried the restore that pops up when you start safe mode, but no luck there.

It does sound like my fan might have died on me and is over heating, cause I keep hearing some mad humming.

So I have no idea what to do/think so if you can try and point me in the right direction that would be great!

Thanks in advance!!

2. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

While in safe mode, right click My Computer, click manage, click in System tools, event viewer, and then applications.
    Look in the right hand part and scroll down to the warning sign(s)
    Double click the item and it will give you the property box with a reason below.
    Post back with it.
    If a fan has failed, shut down and sort it out/replace it before coming back - no point in frying the cpu.

3. Mikal

Mikal Private E-2

And another one the same.

And what about the 'error' ones.. Do they not matter in this case?

I don't know if the fan has failed... But it does on occasion make a loud humming sound. It does feel like it is slightly working though.

Again, if anyone can tell me whats up that would be great! Thanks again!

4. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

5. Mikal

Mikal Private E-2

Thanks I will do that soon. I appreciate the help.

Funnily enough I downloaded the clean up, but needed to be in the admin bit of safe mode, so had to restart... And it loaded up normally... So I am not sure if the problem is fixed or not, but I will keep this thread in mind for when it conks out again (probably tomorrow)

Thanks again.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds