Freezing/laggy during a game

Discussion in 'Software' started by silas, Feb 9, 2010.

1. silas

silas MajorGeek

I have a thread in hardware atm. Its about adding RAM. And I figure adding RAM would make it so my computer could hold more programs, pictures, anything. Also I assumed adding more RAM would also make my internet run better and quicker and less lag/freezing/pauses while watching videos. Well in that thread I mention that one program I do play fulltiltpoker.com every day I play on it and the tables I usually have two up at max playing. And when I do so it freezes/lags up to where the boxes/window go white like it frozen and either I wait 5-10 minutes and If I am lucky Ill hear the table noise again and it will unfreeze. If not like most of the time I just restart the computer. Anyways I never had this problem and some other people that play there say they got issues... but not as bad as mine. I just assumed that Fulltiltpoker was laggy and freezes due to my very low RAM. Pokerstars another site I play at is lagless/never freezes.. just fulltiltpoker does. And they sent me an email like they do everyone else as to run it on your system to try to give them info on seeing if its my connection of something. And I dont think its my connection/computer that has the problem. I was told about drivers and updating things.. But I dont know how to find updated drivers and I dont know why it would need to.. I just assume it works the way you get it (as hardware goes). Anyways Ill post an email they sent me from Fulltiltpoker as the scan they had me do.

2. silas

silas MajorGeek

I asked them if theyd resend the trace route thingy.

Hello,

Thanks for your email.

I believe you mean the Traceroute request we sent to you.

Please note that this is not a fix, but a diagnosis tool that help us to analyze your connection.

I have pasted again this instructions below. Please run this test next time you have a disconnection.

If you are running Windows XP, please follow these three steps:

1) Click on "Start" and select "Run...".
    2) Type "command".
    3) Select "OK". This will bring up a "command prompt" window with a cursor blinking next to the ">" symbol.

If you are running Windows Vista, please follow these three steps:

1) Click on the Windows logo in the corner of your screen.
    2) In the "Start Search" field, type "command".
    3) Press the "Enter" key. This will bring up a "command prompt" window with a cursor blinking next to the ">" symbol.

After loading the command prompt window, just follow these four steps to complete the traceroute:

1) In the command prompt window type the following: tracert 91.211.96.7 and press "Enter".
    2) When you see "Trace Complete" in the bottom of the command prompt window, right-click inside of the window and choose "Select all".
    3) Press the "Enter" key to copy the command prompt text to the clipboard.
    4) In your reply to this email, press "Ctrl" + "V" to paste the command prompt text into the body of the email.

Once we receive your traceroute report and response to our questions, we'll be able to determine the best way to assist you.

Thank you for your cooperation. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us. We're always happy to help.

Regards,

Carlos
    Technical Representative

I am windows xp home edition on dell computer. And I did this scan and sent back the (trace routes.. time outs) whatever they are called... and they said I had 1 issue (Imma look in my email)

I didnt copy and post the trace route/time out part I may do that in little bit if needed. But this is what they said after they posted the 1 error.

An issue at this location of the traceroute can indicate an issue with your Firewall, modem, router or wireless connection. I would like you to please try connecting directly to your modem to see if this resolves your issue.

Once this has been completed, we would like you to try and recreate the connection issues you were having. Please take note of anything that may change the stability of your connection, such as activity on other computers, network printing, other applications that use the internet, or poker tracking software.

When you are able to recreate the instability, we would like you to email us with the details of what is running on your computer, and supply us with another trace route, done at the time of connection loss. If you are using a wireless connection, please also determine if changing between a directly wired internet connection and a wireless connection makes a difference.

We look forward to hearing back from you with this follow up report. If there is anything else we can assist with, please do not hesitate to ask. Best of luck, and thanks for choosing Full Tilt Poker!

Only reason I am posting this is maybe this can have something to do that is making my freezes/lag ?
    I thought it was just mainly low RAM needed since everything cept Fulltiltpoker is the only thing that is a pain.

3. RBob

RBob Private E-2

hi , i allso play games on the internet and have had a problem or two .i play Battlefield vietnam a shootem up and i like to play poker at PKR.i found that in all the time ive played my games(5 years ) that a clean computer is assencial,to clean i use winaso regoptimizer [free trial version only fixes 10 at a time but after several scans its possible to do the job allso try sytem mcanic free month trial iether pro version or standerd or even both .2 months worth !:)allso chek and see [controll alt delet!]what programs dont nead to be running.nead to update drivers? then go start, controll panel, performance and maintanace,sytem,system profiles should be seen now ,press the hardware tab then left click on device manager.you should now be able to see all if not most of your drivers.now left dubble click on the pluss sign on the first item in the list ,this should now show you for instance on...... "computer".....when oppen should show.. ACPI uniprocessor.. dubble left click and see uniprocessor properties,press the driver tab and i think you should be able to do the rest.IM NO EXPERT but i hope this is some use to you...:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds