Frequent crashes & bluescreens - win vista

Discussion in 'Software' started by rascal02, Jan 27, 2014.

1. rascal02

rascal02 Private E-2

Hi All
    I have an old sony vaio laptop which is v frequently crashing & get bluescreens, I dont think its malware nor any conflict or app that i have installed recently. I have changed adv sys settings to dump small files to minidump dir on blue screen but its not dumping any file there, so am unable to analyse or provide more info on this.
    The freeziong/crashing is occurring soon after start up, when trying to open win exp / mozilla / txt file / whatever so there is no obvious pattern. It operates fine in safe mode.
    I am unable to resatore to a previous backup cos the last backup date was few months back and its too far gone, my bad.
    I have cc cleaner, and have avast av, done system scans etc to no avail.

Any additional steps I need to do? Look in event viewer?

Heres my sys spec attached.

Many thks,
    r

Attached Files:

• sys.jpg
      sys.jpg
      File size:
      91.8 KB
      Views:
  2. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

You could try looking at Event Viewer to see what's happening. But one MAJOR problem I saw in the Belarc Advisor report was the fact that you've got a 160GB hard drive and only 27GB free space. :eek You've got to move much of your files to another hard drive.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds