Fresh install of XP, getting BSOD at various times

Discussion in 'Software' started by Sabrefan4life55, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Sabrefan4life55

Sabrefan4life55 Private E-2

Hey guys,

I used to think my knowledge of computers was pretty good, until this. I've never been so stumped.

So I have a SATA HDD that i'm trying to put windows XP on and it's just fighting me every step of the way. I boot from the disc, when it runs through it's beginning sequence and gets to loading windows setup, I get a SESSION3_INITIALIZATION_FAILED BSOD Stop message 0X00...06F

This system, as configured ran perfectly fine until it got a Virus.

This is several steps backwards. Initially I could get into setup and I would get a i368(Something like that) file not found error, I've gotten blue screens during the 'Installing Start Menu' phase and I got a hang up at the very end on the 'Removing temporary files' phase.

I've swapped in and out all 4 sticks of RAM, only using one at the moment, I ran disk check on the Hard Drive, I dont understand what's going on. I've installed XP a million times without an issue.

Any help?

CLIFFS
    - Trying to install XP on SATA HDD
    - Various blue screens at different phases of the install process
    - Swapped out RAM, ran disk check, all came back ok
    - At a loss... Any Help?

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Do you have the SATA drivers slipstreamed into the XP install disk? If not, you need to load SATA drivers before the install.

3. JonBoyFishhead

JonBoyFishhead Private First Class

I would also suggest resetting the NVRam. On some systems, you just remove the motherboard battery for a few minutes. On other systems, you have to reorient the jumper settings.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds