Fresh Win xp install, no drivers

Discussion in 'Software' started by cloxton, Mar 15, 2007.

1. cloxton

cloxton Private E-2

Hello, i was receiving internet problems on my on of my two pcs that are connected to a router than to a cable modem. so i contacted shaw support, however after everything they've tried they told me to just do a fresh install. now that's where i am at now, all my hardware now has no drivers and i have no clue as to what drivers i need. its a new computer second hand. Also i still have no internet on it as well, luckily my other pc does. if you can provide any assistance on how to find out what the drivers i will need, that will be greatly appreciated.

2. cloxton

cloxton Private E-2

ok, well thanks anyways. i was able to figure it out, using you're application called EVEREST. worked wonders. told me exactly what was in my computer and what site to get everything from drivers to bios even suggestions on what to update. turns out my network driver was not installed properly.

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Ah good stuff, glad you managed to sort it out for yourself :)

Nice tool is Everest.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds