fresh xp install computer still slow

Discussion in 'Software' started by petitenikita, Dec 23, 2009.

1. petitenikita

petitenikita Private E-2

Hi everybody,
    After a very unfortunate experience with the software system advance optimizer (don't use it), I had to reinstall my whole exploitation system. the thing is that it is still runing slow, even after the small tweak I know I can do to make it go faster ... anybody have any idea what I can do. at this point it cannot be a virus or disk fragmentation because it's like brand new!!

2. brandypeppy

brandypeppy MajorGeek

I'll say it before someone else does. Specs, specs, specs! You've got to let the people know your model, CPU, RAM, Service Pack.

Anything and everything you can post. Help will be a lot more straightforward.

Merry Christmas.

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Indeed as Brandy mentions specs of PC and Windows version plus Service Pack will help.

Also what was the tweak you used?

What software security applications have you installed so far if any, if you have installed any please name them all.

Are all your drivers installed and upto date? check Device Manager for any yellow ! marks, if you have any do let us know what they are.

Defrag and this is good free one HERE

Run this guide HERE

Also let us know what startups you have and CCleaner and its Options > Startups list is good for this.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds