Fresh XP Pro install problems

Discussion in 'Software' started by The40, Jun 4, 2004.

1. The40

The40 Private E-2

HELP. I just installed XP Pro fresh on my laptop. Once it was finished I had problems with the screen resolution being very low so I followed the help menu and installed all Windows updates. After the Windows updates I restarted, now the computer restarts shows the XP Pro screen where it seems to be loading... then nothing. The screen stays blank after that endlessly. I have tried restarting several times but the same thing happens over and over. I have also tried to boot from the Windows CD and the same problem. any suggestions?

2. highly_volatile

highly_volatile Private First Class

Hi, does this happen in safe mode ?

3. alanc

alanc MajorGeek

If you can boot into Safe Mode successfully, install the proper video drivers from there.

4. The40

The40 Private E-2

Yeah... I tried safe mode and it happened as well. I tried to boot from the CD and had the same problem also. I just had to end up selecting "Go back to last know good setting" or whatever it is called.

5. xander21

xander21 Private E-2

hi i have an acer aspire 3050 fresh install xp pro but no wifi found all other drivers including modem driver but nothing help please

6. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

Should be one of the two WLAN drivers at the bottom of the scroll box. Make sure you select XP as the Operating System (easy to overlook) just below the 4 boxes for model selection.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
  7. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

xander21, welcome. Please do not dredge up a 5 1/2 year old thread and attach your problem to it.
    Start here : http://forums.majorgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21
    and click on the New Thread button.
    The Major prefers that each person has his/her own thread with a problem.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds