Friend Has major Computer Problem!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by NeoNemesis, Oct 3, 2004.

1. NeoNemesis

NeoNemesis Moutharrhea

My friend just called telling me that her computer was functioning bad. SHe told me that when she turns it on it immediately goes to blue screen (bsod) and then restarts after 3 seconds. Not BIOS or anything so I couldn't set it to pick up a boot disk. Also, she said that before when it was working it was slow but she didnt have a lot on there. Only final fantasy and tax stuff from her dad. THe computer is only like a year old and so that shouldn't be a problem. SHe has everythign hooked up right including all hardware and mouse and keyboard. I couldn't think of anything. Windows can't even load. She assured me that she or her family didnt mess with any system files before and she didn't download anything before. She has Windows XP Home, 512mb of ram, 40 gig hd, 2.x ghz processor (im not sure exactly on what it is). Please help. Thank you.

2. Wavetar

Wavetar Sergeant

Disconnect the hard drive(s), and any other drives for that matter, see if it'll let you get to the BIOS after that. If it doesn't, she has a real problem either with the BIOS, or the mobo. You can try resetting the BIOS by removing the CMOS battery or jumper if it has one.

3. NeoNemesis

NeoNemesis Moutharrhea

That might be a problem, she lives in Florida. But nonetheless, I will tell that might be the problem.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds