Friends notebook won't boot.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by duzytata, Sep 30, 2006.

1. duzytata

duzytata Guest

A buddy of mine from school has a Toshiba notebook that won't boot. When he turns the computer on, the Toshiba splash screens opens, with the option of hitting f2 or f12 (bios i assume) but the windows loading screen never comes up; just a blank, black screen.

I don't have all the specifics at the moment, but I will get the model number, and the version of windows he is using soon. He didn't say there were any unusual sounds so I don't think the hard drive failed. I'll try to get a more detailed explanation, but I just wanted to see if anyone had any general ideas as to what is wrong with it, and how to fix it. :)

Thanks in advance for the help.

2. tunered

tunered MajorGeek

I would go into bios [setup] and see if time and date is still set right, if it is , set default setting and save, see if that does anything for it. ed

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds