Friends win98 no boot problem.. (configuration / registry error)

Discussion in 'Software' started by SweatyBanana, Dec 8, 2006.

1. SweatyBanana

SweatyBanana Private E-2

This conversation is ongoing, and my parts are fairly irrevelent.. Please help ;)

2. SweatyBanana

SweatyBanana Private E-2

mmmm up.

Where are all the techies?

3. SweatyBanana

SweatyBanana Private E-2

Yet again from page two..

Got a PM from TimW.. Think he was drunk though. :eek:

4. SweatyBanana

SweatyBanana Private E-2

Up again.. Come on people.. This is important.. You cannot tune a megasquirt without a computer!

5. Novice

Novice MajorGeek

All the techies are hanging out at the techie bar drinking with Tim W! As for the corrupted system, in my humble opinion, it would be easiest to reinstall Win98 over itself and no data should be lost. Your friend stated that the computer wouldn't boot from the CD and could be registry related. It might be easier to boot the computer with a Win98 boot disk ( if the friend doesn't have one, go to bootdisk.com and download one ) and reinstall from there.

I would like to see your part of the ongoing conversation as it does pertain to the help needed and offered!:)

6. SweatyBanana

SweatyBanana Private E-2

Heres all the stuff since the above. I think.

7. Novice

Novice MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds