Front Audio Panel Not Working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JB441, Feb 6, 2009.

1. JB441

JB441 Private E-2

Hi everyone! Just having some problems with my front panel audio connectors. I have 2 connectors for a set of headphones, one for audio and one for a mic. For some reason, I cannot get any sound out of it and the mic won't work. When I plug the headphones into the back of the computer, everything works great.

Here's my specs:

ASRock 4CoreDual-SATA2 LGA 775 VIA PT880 Pro/PT880 Ultra ATX Intel Motherboard

APEVIA X-CRUISER-BK Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

XP SP3

Realtek Audio driver 5.10.00.5319

I am assured I have the front audio cable connected to the front audio on the MOBO. I have also tried going into the BIOS and switched the front audio selection front AUTO to ENABLED.

If you need any other information, let me know! Thanks in advance!

JB

2. buggabear

buggabear MajorGeek

I know you said you have checked and it is plugged in to the mother board but can you see it device manager.

3. JB441

JB441 Private E-2

You know, I do not. Of course, I am not sure what it would say.

Under Sound, video, and game controllers... I have these:

Audio Codecs
    Legacy Audio Drivers
    Legacy Video capture Devices
    Media Control Devices
    Realtek High Definition Audio
    Standard Game Port
    Video Codecs

Would it be one of those?

Also, under ?!Other Devices... I have this: ?!System Interrupt Controller
    ... Any idea what that is??

4. buggabear

buggabear MajorGeek

It looks like you may have a driver conflict. you can try a few things to see if it helps.
    firxt in the section of device manager where you see the yellow marks. right click on the item and delete the driver. Once it is deleted reboot the computer and when it comes up windows will detect new hard ware. let it install the drivers for that device. Once it is installed go back to device manager and see if you still have the yellow mark. If not now try the front device. If it is not working come back and we can try something else.

Also here is the site where all your drivers are located just in case there comes a time when you need to reinstall your drivers...

http://www.asrock.com/mb/download.asp?Model=4CoreDual-SATA2&s=775

5. JB441

JB441 Private E-2

Uninstalled it, restarted, went through the add new hardware wizard and it came up as "Cannot in stall new hardware...."

Also, thanks a lot for that website!! I was trying to find one, but I just wasn't looking hard enough!

6. buggabear

buggabear MajorGeek

Go to the website link I gave you. Find the drivers for your devices that's not working and download the drivers to a folder on your computer, Next time you reboot and windows finds new hard ware instead of letting windows find it for you point it to the folder that you downloaded the software and let it install from that folder.

post back if that doesn't work and we can try something else

7. JB441

JB441 Private E-2

Nope, no luck. :(

Any other ideas?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds