front audio ports problem :(

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by N5638J, Jun 27, 2005.

1. N5638J

N5638J Guest

ok so i went out and found me a broken up case that had good front audio ports and so when i got home i hooked them up and what do i find on the head phones i only hear sound from right speaker (head phones hooked to front) and i hear sound comming out of left speaker on my sound system hooked to the rear of the computer so i take another shot at it and now no sound out the front when i hook head phones up to the front but sounds comming from the back system i will post a pic of how the manual says to hook them up and whats on the wires for the front audio and spec's below

wires
    L-OUT
    L-IN
    R-OUT
    R-IN
    GROUND
    GROUND
    MIC-IN
    MIC-IN
    how am i going to hook them up? so when i hook my mic head set up in the front no sound will come out the back of my system and when i disconnect the head set the sound comes out the back thin?
    oh btw i think all you need is mobo make right?

spec's
    Asus P4S8X-X mobo

Attached Files:

2. N5638J

N5638J Guest

bump anyone?

3. Toke

Toke MajorGeek

Hi ... I can sympathise.. :-( I've had this trouble and can be a nightmare. so did you take out the wee connection board and place in your case ?? and when using another case connector the colour coding all goes to hell with the original case manual.. if that makes sense.. only way is trial and error swapping them. Also shouldn't the sound system mute itself when headphones plugged in..and what sort of response do you have if you use the rear Jack ??

4. N5638J

N5638J Guest

yes i placed it in my case. i dont have a manual for my case the pic below is for my mobo the color of them wires are like a rainbow lol red, blue, yellow, black, green and so on and yep the rear of the system should mute when headphones are hooked up to the front

5. theefool

theefool Geekified

Line out_L is your Left channel out. Connect it to the case's L+ lead. (SPKout L)
    Line out_R is your Right channel out. Connect it to the case's R+ lead. (SPKout R)
    AGND is the ground pin for all 3 audio components....right, left, and mic. Connect the ground wire here.

The BLINE_OUT_L and BLINE_OUT_R (BackLINE_OUT) send the audio signal to the back panel on the MB where it is output with the other audio signals (Center, Rear_Left, Rear_Right, Sub, etc.) The left and right channel audio out on the back panel will only work if the BLINE_OUT_L is jumpered to Line out_L and BLINE_OUT_R is jumpered to Line out_R. Connect the Return L to BLINE_OUT_L and RETURN R to BLINE_OUT_R.

6. N5638J

N5638J Guest

so does this mean that if i connect the front i will not beable to also use the rear? and sorry i am alittle lite headed today so dont blam me if i dont get your post right away lol

7. N5638J

N5638J Guest

ok i tried what you said and nothing i get the same problem i get sound out the rear but when i hook the headphones up i still get sound out the rear so no sound out the front maybe its time to rethink this lol this is driving me nuts because i do alot of voice chat so i always have to reach to the back and disconnect my sound system and hook my head set mic up i get tired of doing that so thats why i want to be able to use front ports so i can leave my sound system hooked to the rear and just when ever i need to just hook my mic and headphones up to the front "think that sounds right lol"[​IMG]

8. theefool

theefool Geekified

Did you remove the two jumpers? Usually, if the two jumpers are still on, you can't use front audio at all.

9. N5638J

N5638J Guest

i removed the 2 jumpers

on a nother note i bulid this computer i hooked up everything the front usb the lights the buttens the cables everything but damn i never thought it would be this hard to hook up the front audio ports lol

10. N5638J

N5638J Guest

i dont know what would be causeing this problem as i did what you said and i still had the problem so i disconnected the blines and i still get sound out the back but no sound out the front i thought when i did that there would be no sound at all comming out the back and i think i forgot to say i am useing a sound card and not the onboard so does that matter? the sound card i am useing is a Audio Excel 6channel pci sound model av512

11. theefool

theefool Geekified

Hmmm, I think you did forget to mention this tiny detail. :)

Does the soundcard itself have any pins on it? I know you can have multiple soundcards in your computer (I do), but not sure if onboard sound is automatically disabled when an expansion is put it.

Another thing to try, is to remove the pci sound card, then see if the front audio works (with drivers installed of course).

Note:

Why do I have multiple sound cards? Cause a typical sound card has one input on it. Since I sometimes do recording, I'm in need of more inputs....

12. N5638J

N5638J Guest

ok i willtry that but i hate useing on-board sound as it makes my games run really bad and i will post a pic of the sound card or just scam you a pic of it from its manual

13. N5638J

N5638J Guest

ok i have the audio card out and i have it all hooked up so when i played some music as a test i got no sound at all when i pluged in the head phones so i go to pull them out and i hear that if i put the plug in halfway and hold it i hear sound both out the back and front :? below is a list of pins on the sound card i pulled out

J3: cd-in for sony
    J4:CD-IN FOR PANASONIC
    J6: AUX-IN
    J7: PCSPK-IN
    J11: CD-SPDIFIN
    JP1: OPTICAL SPDIF-I/O
    JP3: CENTER/BASS SELECTOR
    1-3, 2-4: NORMAL
    3-5, 4-6: INVERSE

does any of that help?

14. theefool

theefool Geekified

I'm about ready to get off from work, so, my official reply will be a bit delayed...I'm going to have to read up on your particular sound card....

15. N5638J

N5638J Guest

oh ok i will be back in alittle bit too lol i am working on 3 other things too and the other 3 are 2 3-wheelers and one riding mower

16. theefool

theefool Geekified

Unfortunately, I'm outta ideas. Unless you could just ignore the front audio. Just as long as everything else works.

Or, get a longer headphone cable.

17. N5638J

N5638J Guest

ok thanks anyway but is there a sound card i can get that has where you can hook front ports to it?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds