Front audio ports.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by askantik, Aug 22, 2005.

1. askantik

askantik Sergeant

Okay, I record my guitar/drums a lot through my computer... I recently bought a SoundBlaster Live! 24-bit PCI card. It's only a $30 card, but it sounds so much better for standard recording. I have to plug in the back of my computer though. Is there any way to get my front audio ports to hook up and run through the sound card? I know that for onboard you hook them to the mobo (duh) but if I hook them to the mobo will they work with the SoundBlaster or only if I use the integrated sound? The only thing I have on the front is a speaker output jack and a microphone jack (red and green).

I hope what I am asking is clear, and if not, just let me know and I will try to re-word it. Just wanted to make this last post before hitting the hay, and I'm a bit tired, so it may be worded oddly :D

2. rogvalcox

rogvalcox MajorGeek

Have you thoroughly investigated the specs for your new soundboard...if the manual doesn't give much...check out the website...you might find that some of those open jumper pins on the soundcard are for connecting to the front side audio ports!!!!

Just like if you were to connect it to the motherboard but only you are connecting to the sound card!!

Roger

3. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

I think it'll come through your soundcard if you have the integrated onboard sound disabled in the bios.

4. askantik

askantik Sergeant

Thanks guys :) I am going to make sure it is disabled in BIOS and then try it ASAP, haven't had a chance to yet.

5. A.Son

A.Son Sergeant

Some computers case design front audio port which can connect to back sound ports or onboard sound through wires.
    Front Audio port is support for your Audio onboard through wires and it is not controlled in bios setting, you can take these wire out and mod audio Jacks to connect your sound card.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds