Frozen Start menu & Taskbar WinXP

Discussion in 'Software' started by frasermcd, Dec 19, 2004.

1. frasermcd

frasermcd Private E-2

Hello, I'm getting a problem on user logon with Windows XP. When logging on, the desktop freezes completely, and will not allow further progress. This is true for 4 out of 6 users. The other 2, can open programmes and explorer windows, from the desktop icons or from My Computer, and navigate using Alt+Tab, but the taskbar and start menu, when passing the mouse over, just show the hourglass, and will not activate.
    I have the latest updates from symantec and AdAware installed and run, but no virus has been found, and no adware that ADaware could not delete. This makes me think maybe that some OS file has been deleted?
    Any clues? Thanks

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds