FTP\remote control HELP, please

Discussion in 'Software' started by Link1, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Link1

Link1 Private E-2

hi,

im just getting around to wanting to have the capability of transfering files and remotely controling my home pc from work.

couple of questions please so that i dont waste a bunch of time trying something that i cant use fully:

1..will an FTP program allow for transfer from a network pc to a home pc without much trouble? if so, will an FTP program allow for full remote control of that home pc? and will i have to install the software on both ends?

2...can you folks give me a recommendation on what you would use for simple file transfer and remote control between the work and home pc.

Thanks,
    Link1

2. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

ftp is only file transfer not remote control. For remote control i would recommend remote desktop or vnc. Check those out.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds