Fuji Film Camera = Epic Fail!

Discussion in 'Software' started by xspankyx, Sep 1, 2009.

1. xspankyx

xspankyx Private E-2

I bought a FujiFilm Finepix camera for my boyfriend January of this year. 10 megapixels and it was awesome for a while. Until the end of July when something happened to it and it started taking pictures with rainbow lines. I took it to BestBuy because that's where I bought it. Kind GeekSquad employee accepted it with the promise to ship it out to Fuji. He was sure that the problem was covered under manufacturer's warranty. I called Fuji a few days later when they got it to make sure it would be covered. They said "Yes, it would."

I just went to BestBuy to pick it up today. They told me that Fuji tried to call me, only to tell me that they wouldn't cover the malfunction under the warranty and that they wanted $153.00 for the repair. WHAT?! I paid $173 for that thing! Worthless! After Fuji promised me that it would be covered on the warranty! :guns <--I felt like doing that.

Instead of repairing that thing, I bought a new camera that's actually much better for $130. HA! Fuji's is going on Ebay and they're going to get a rather nasty phone call from me.

Just wanted to warn anyone interested in buying Fuji of the risk they're taking. Anyone else have a similar experience?

2. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

I have seen several Fuji digital cameras fixed under warranty with no problems. Perhaps you should leave Best Buy out of it and deal with Fuji yourself.

Good Luck!

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Had like FredG good service from Fuji, but do/did know a few folk at Fuji UK, the rainbow lines where they like in the main a purple caste to the photo? (had a camera do this, it was old tho) as rainbow colours tend to say the CCD is faulty, and as one of the main parts, I have know Fuji to swap it for new over repair (although this depends).

I would take this up with Fuji direct and did you find out what the fault was and why it was not covered? would be best if you have names and dates of the folks you spoke too and any written proof that it was a free repair, even better.

4. xspankyx

xspankyx Private E-2

@ Fred_G: I talked to them today. They said that they didn't want to fix it for free and told me that the damage on the camera was my fault. I don't see how it's my fault when the rep said that the lens malfunctioned on its own. I gave up on them :(

@Halo: no, the lines were every color of the spectrum. I thought it would upload fine on the PC so at first I didn't care much. I thought it was the LCD screen. No, apparently the lens of the camera malfunctioned. I called Fuji directly today to demand why they didn't cover it when they said they would. They told me that it was too expensive to fix for free (not in those words, I'm translating from the nice way the person told me) & that they wanted $153 for the repair. I tried to explain to them that I'd been told initially it would be covered, but they wouldn't hear it, even though they had that conversation on record. I kind of gave up at that point...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds