Fujitsu Notebook: No sound, No Hardware, Driver won't install?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Tassyr, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Tassyr

Tassyr Private E-2

So I inherited a Fujitsu Lifebook P7230 running XP. (Literally; the previous owner died and I was handed about a dozen computers.)

Even without cleaning out the eight million junk programs this guy had installed, noticed something odd: The "volume" icon was missing. I poked around and the computer -insists- it has no hardware installed. (Note, this model DOES have said hardware.)

Aha, said I. He simply uninstalled the driver somewhere! Not a problem, I went to the fujitsu site and found an XP Sound driver. This should fix it. I download, I install... it reboots the computer and tells me that it cannot be installed. Exact Message: "The system does not support the driver you are attempting to install."

Additionally, the machine upon boot claims it found a "PCI device" that won't show in device manager, but won't give me any info about the thing.

In short; HEEEELP. I'm going nuts here! I'll post everest results as soon as I can get them.

2. Tassyr

Tassyr Private E-2

and here's the report.

3. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

There's no report attached to this post.

Most of the "geeksters" here prefer the report generated by CPU-Z. Please download and run the program and then attach the report in .txt format using the Manage Attachments button in the Additional Options section for your post.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
  4. Tassyr

Tassyr Private E-2

Sorry, something must've gone wrong with the upload. Additionally, I was just going off the sticky about how to get help, it said nothing about CPU-Z. o.o

there's the new report.

Attached Files:

5. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

One thing I did find out is that the laptop is supposed to be running Windows Vista and originally shipped with Windows Vista installed. So, it's quite possible that it won't work with the XP drivers.

6. Tassyr

Tassyr Private E-2

It's running XP though, and the sticker on the bottom is for XP. I'll TRY the vista driver, but wouldn't that screw up on XP?

7. Tassyr

Tassyr Private E-2

Yeah, the "vista" driver simply states this is not the correct driver and it will now exit.

8. pwillener

pwillener MajorGeek

9. Tassyr

Tassyr Private E-2

Yeah- I got -everything- from Fujitsu's site.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds